MAG-20/Live Fire: May 3rd & 4th, 2012 7:30-6pm
(This course will be Held at Sac Valley Shooting Center)
There are still 13 openings in this course as
of April 7th, 2012.
A two day, 20 hour immersion course in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Draw from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a police-style qualification course. Estimated ammo count: 500 rounds. Prerequisite: basic understanding of firearms safety. (Equipment List Below)
MAG-20/Classroom – Armed Citizens’ Rules of Engagement:
May 5th & 6th, 2012 8:30-7pm
(This course will be held in Sacramento)
This portion of the course is now Full as of April
7th, 2012. Keep checking in case someone drops.
A two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered. Prerequisite: none. (Equipment List Below)
Due to the nature of our instruction, it is necessary to provide us with one or more of the following:
a. Current State Issued Permit to carry a concealed handgun
b. Current FFL – Federal Firearms License
c. Current FOID Card (Illinois Residents only)
d. Current Police or Military ID
e. Other current proof of clean criminal record. Most sheriff’s
departments will run these for you at a nominal fee, done routinely in many
For All Classes:
Please bring lunches, snacks, beverages etc. We have a “working lunch” in all classes. Many of our facilities do not have a place close enough to purchase meals and get back in a reasonable amount of time. Also remember that many of our classes are 10 hour days so if you need another meal in that amount of time please bring it. If you have any questions ask the host of the class you are taking.
- Note taking materials. Laptop recommended, recorders not allowed.
- Student may not be armed in the classroom.
- A good quality handgun, suitable for self-protection and/or concealed carry. Remember that you will be firing approximately 500 rounds during this class, so ultra-lightweight firearms, though suitable for concealed carry, are not a good choice for class use. If you have any questions about the suitability of your gun, please contact us. It is a good idea to bring a spare gun, if you have one, just in case your primary gun breaks.
- A good quality holster. You need a strong-side, belt or IWB holster. For safety reasons, cross draw holsters, fanny packs, shoulder holsters, etc. are not allowed for use on the range. Again, if you have any questions, please contact us.
- A minimum of 3 magazines or speed loaders for your handgun.
- A magazine pouch/holder for at least 2 of your spare magazines or speed loaders.
- A sturdy belt, to support the above.
- Hearing protection.
- Eye protection.
- Billed cap or other brimmed headwear.
- At least 500 rounds of decent quality, reliable ammunition. Range ammunition (FMJ, etc.) is fine. You do not need to use premium self defense ammo for this course.
- Clothing suitable for the weather and the range. If necessary, we will finish our range work in whatever conditions exist at class time, live-fire classes run rain or shine.
- Note taking materials. You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here. If you wish to use a laptop computer, that is ok. Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
Please note that the above list is just the essentials. You may bring additional items (such as a range bag, extra magazines, etc.), if you choose. Remember, if you have any questions, just ask